#38; Back to life, Back to reality

Tuesday 29 September 2009

First off, apologies for a lack of posting recently but it’ll soon makes sense I’m sure. As with most people in the joyful month of September, the world of educational learning has come crashing back into my life with quite a force. At the moment I’ve just started my final year of a BSc Computing course at the University of Wales Newport, with this year obviously being ridiculously important – as well as the normal modules and assignments comes the big 15,000 word final year project. Oh god!!

What I’m currently planning involves a project that studies the computing methodology and technologies of disabled teaching in a primary school environment, basically a study of computing within such ways of teaching. To be honest, I’m kinda looking forward to it in a really bizarre way, but it is gonna be a lot of work. It’s a very rewarding subject for me though as I’d love to go into the world of teaching after University and hopefully an extra year of PGCE training next year but we shall see. Concerning the dissertation though, let’s just hope I manage to get there with all 15,000 words!!

It probably seems very odd for a computing student to be doing his final year project based on teaching than a programming/hardware related computing subject but for me it’s something I’m far more comfortable with and something I know will benefit me for the future far more than creating a program I’ll no doubt hate or be unable to complete. For me being able to give something back to a younger generation through computing would be a fantastic career choice, and with this dissertation, technology has progressed so much over the past few decades that we can help those with disabilities in such magnificent ways the dissertation will probably be a very humbling experience for myself to witness and understand more.

So best of luck to everyone starting back up with their A-levels, degree courses, masters courses, or whatever education they’ve gone back to in this past month. I’ll still be posting entries with whatever’s on my mind but University comes first with writing at the moment! It’s been a lovely summer and I have lots of fantastic memories, but for now, it’s back to the grinding repetition of lectures and notes!

0 comments: