#4; Springing into Action

Monday 23 March 2009

Phew, feels like I haven't written anything down here for a while but it's been a good week or so since I've managed to find the time to write something up. Thankfully, I've found a bit of time just to keep things up to date so I thought I'd just write down a few random things runing through my mind on this strangely chilly monday morning (considering the past week or so has been hot, glorious sunshine, a bit of a letdown really!)

We're starting to slowly move from the season of snow, rain and coldness to the always welcoming spring blooms and showers. It's always nice moving on from the winter because as much as I love those few months, you do get tired of the cold weather, the rain, and the annoyances it can cause. I mean we had that mad 2 weeks or so where the snow was just completely insane and once more pretty much brought the UK to a standstill. I've always wondered to myself, do places like Finland and the rest of Scandanavia come to a standstill if the snow were to melt away there? It just always amuses me how much we have to panic about the snow when it comes and causes chaos!

But the lovely thing about Spring is that everything seems to wake up and get better into a new year from here on in. As a football fan, it's always exciting as the leagues come into the final few months and the tension builds between teams whether it be going for titles, relegation battles, or qualifying for other tournaments. Furthermore, it's even more exciting personally as a Formula One fan because Spring is the time where we finally get back into the spirit of things with the sport with the annual launch of the season in Melbourne, Australia. I'm massively excited for the new season as I am every year but there's so much unpredictability about this year's season because of the changes in regulations and everything else going on in the sport. If you were to say to me last year that Jenson Button is considered one of the favourites to win in Australia, as much as I love the guy, I would've laughed it right off!

Of course, whilst somethings are redeveloping into our world in nature, hobbies, and anything else in the Springtime, I'm starting to slowly make my way towards the end of my second University year. I'll be completely honest, it's been a very tough year and I'm slightly pessimistic about the final year based on the challenges I've had with certain areas in my uni life this past few months. Then again, what would university be if the assignments didn't drive you mad?! But I'm sure in the end it'll all be worth it, so far everything has been sent in and come back out with a pass (more towards the comfortable pass than just about a pass, thank goodness!). My targets though are to improve my work because I feel I can do better with what I have, it's just a matter of putting pen to paper and proving my thoughts right.

I am very much looking forward to the spring though from a personal point of view. a trip to London I'm extremely excited about, the return of Formula 1 after months of waiting, plenty of sport on the television to keep up with and a few birthdays to celebrate to; let's just hope that the spring blossoms a rich, eventful and pleasant few months for all of us!

0 comments: