#1; Hello and Welcome

Sunday 1 March 2009

Good evening! You may have somehow accidentally stumbled on this new and maybe not so exciting new blog nevertheless, welcome to the Thoughts of a Trying Atheist. It seems best to introduce myself in whatever manner possible without seeming too much of an idiot. Basically, my name is Lukeh and I'm a 20 year old student living in the glorious valleys of Wales where sheep, rain and rugby rule the roost over our country's many privileges. I love my music and I don't think I could survive without the wonderful productions of Muse and many other rock bands I owe more than I could ever describe considering how much they keep me going everyday, along with some incredible friends that mean the world to me and a family I wouldn't swap for anything. Not even a Twix.

The title of this blog gets straight to the point and will save me a lot of explaining; the hopes are to give myself a chance to express my thoughts and opinions on whatever the hell is on my mind at the same time and to try and blog at least every day or two! Of course, whether anyone plans to read this is another question but I hope I can provide what little entertaiment is humanly possibly in the form of another possibly generic blog in this wonderful world we know as the internet.

So what are you, my loyal readers, to expect in the future from my typings, my musings, my extragavent little journeys into the unknown through the art of simply typing words? Well... I don't know! I honestly don't if I'm 100% honest with you guys (and I will say, everything I post on here will be honest, truthful and how I personally feel no matter if it may seem ruthless, critical or any other possible emotion at time but my intentions are never to offend, but simply express!) but whatever route I do decide to follow, I shall make it as entertaining as possible to keep you hooked.

So what's with the name? Yes, I thought, 'thoughts' is such a cliche for a blog. Seriously the amount of different things that was going through my mind when deciding what to name my corner of the interwebs is ridiculous.

"Lukeh's Blog!"
? Oh please.
"Formula Muse!"
Nice... it involves two things that I love to watch and listen to... but perhaps not relevant to the blog.
"Nick Fry's a Bastard.com!" See the above notation! Although I may keep this idea...
"A Welsh Walk Through Life" I really liked this, it does work but I'm only 20 with few very experiences in life enough to warrant this.

So... I stuck with Thoughts of a Trying Atheist. The museaholics amongst you should recognise this as a complete bloody ripoff of the track entitled Thoughts of a Dying Atheist off Muse's 3rd album (and my favourite) Absolution. It's no rip-off! I merely changed two letters! In all seriousness though, the name was chosen because it does sum up how I look at life and this blog's meaning. These are my thoughts, these are Lukeh, and with everything I do in life I try my hardest to make them succeed. Education, jobs, love, life, whatever the hell gets thrown at me, if it's a problem I will try to make it work. And I'm an atheist (but enough about that for now...) so it worked. And I'm happy with it.

But it's early days yet. Lots to say, plenty to discuss, allsorts to rant about. See you soon!
Lukeh.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's a fab title. love it.

Anonymous said...

yay! can't wait for the next post and have subscribed so i wont miss any :)
i agree with 'me' tis an awesome title :D

Anonymous said...

You got rid of your myspace? Dang.

Do the Nick Fry thing we said last night too, that ruled.

Anonymous said...

Test to see if that verification doolally is gone, BE GONE HEATHEN!

Eldon Tyrell said...

Glad to hear you proudly proclaim your atheist status. Thank you! Your voice adds to the stream just as African Americans created a river with the word "Black".

Anonymous said...

I like SAND!

Anonymous said...

Needs moar Steve Holt!

Anonymous said...

DEAN WOZ EYA 2K9